- To understand and further the mission of the agency as articulated by the LCCS Board.
- To understand and implement the policies of the LCCS Board.
- To define and maintain a rational, flexible organizational structure within which employees can function with a minimum of administrative/bureaucratic control/interference.
- To provide clear, consistent direction for employees, assuring each employee knows and understands what is expected of him/her and what behavior/action is acceptable/unacceptable.
- To maximize personal control for each employee over his/her LCCS related environment and activities.