A SHARED VISION FOR CHILDREN, FAMILIES, AND COMMUNITIES:
· Children grow within a safe nurturing environment within a permanent family.
· Children will have their basic needs met including food, clothing, shelter, health care, and education.
· Children will have a strong sense of self worth and identity.
· Children will have a positive anticipation of the future.
· Children will have a valued place in their family and the community.
· Children will have an investment in their family and community.
· Families provide the basic unit and foundation of communities and are respected and valued for their uniqueness, history, and traditions.
· Families are responsible for rearing their children.
· Families provide a value base for their children based on respect for self, others, and the environment.
· Families have the spiritual, cultural, and economic resources necessary to reach their full potential and contribute to the well-being of their communities.
· Families are able to seek help without stigma.
· Communities will view resources to children and families as investments in the future.
· Communities will recognize the rights and needs of children and families as their highest priority and agree upon common goals for protecting their health and well-being by building on the strengths of families.
· Communities will identify and confront injustice.
· Communities will respect and support the strengths of the racial, cultural, and ethnic heritage of families and neighborhoods.
· Communities will have access to and commit public and private resources to effectively serve and support children, adults, and families.
· Communities will provide everyone with the opportunity, encouragement, and support to learn, grow, and contribute.
The Public Children Services Association of Ohio is a proactive coalition of public children services agencies that promotes the development of sound public policy and program excellence for safe children, stable families, and strong communities. We do this through advocacy, research, training, consultation, and technical assistance.